The TOE is the server component in a military messaging system providing the following characteristics:
- Military messaging system built according to ITU-T X.400 with military extensions according to STANAG 4406 Ed. 1.
- Organisation-to-organisation, as well as person-to-person, messaging.
- Includes a limited ACP133 Directory Service and the ability to interact with an external master Directory Service.
- Maintainable, portable and extendable software for dedicated Messaging services. Customer extendable through industry standard Application Program Interfaces.
- Interface for an administration client capable of local and remote administration and supervision.
- Includes DAC and MAC access control mechanisms.
- Message distribution mechanism that is able to distribute messages to both local and global addressees. This is in addition to standard auto forward functionality.
- SIC handling.
- Messages handled according to message properties, including mapping to transport layer priorities.
TOE provides the following functionality:
- Secure message transfer between the various components in the XOmail messaging system.
- Enforce mandatory access control when handling messages from domains with different classification level
- Supports different user roles with different permissions in the system. The TOE allows for the specification of different types of administrative users having different administrative privileges.